With all the talk of the rumors and news about the “Blade Runner” sequel/prequel/whatever and Ridley Scott‘s Cormac McCarthy penned “The Counselor” we kind of forgot about “Prometheus.” But Fox didn’t and just to remind you this film is still coming, a new viral clip of sorts has arrived.
Yesterday, rumors flew around that Guy Pearce would be playing Peter Weyland in the film and well, as it turns out, he is. In this Ted Talk the honcho behind the outfit more commonly known as The Company goes ahead and explains what exactly Prometheus refers to, in case you didn’t go to high school, or are unaware of common points of reference. It’s a bit gradiose (and dry) and thankfully this clip, directed by Luke Scott, won’t be appearing in the actual film. And to be fair, “Prometheus” does need some explicating for the non-hardcore audience so assume this fits the bill.
- Ridley Scott’s amazing Prometheus short film reveals the Weyland Corp’s shining future [Video] (io9.com)
- Watch PROMETHEUS’ Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce) Give a TED Talk from 2023 (collider.com)
- Is Guy Pearce’s Role in PROMETHEUS Connected with ALIEN? (geektyrant.com)
- Peter Weyland ‘Prometheus’ TED Talk: Guy Pearce Stars In Viral Clip For Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien’-Set Film (VIDEO) (news.moviefone.com)
- Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus and Sheds Light on Guy Pearce’s Character (dreadcentral.com)
- Ridley Scott may have explained the connection between Alien and Prometheus [Prometheus] (io9.com)
- ‘Prometheus’ adds an intriguing new preview: A TED Talk from the future – VIDEO (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Ridley Scott Talks ‘Alien’ Connection to ‘Prometheus’ & Reveals Guy Pearce’s Character (screenrant.com)
- Writing a TEDTalk from the future: Q&A with Damon Lindelof (ted.com)
- Guy Pearce’s Role in PROMETHEUS Possibly Revealed [Minor Spoiler] (collider.com)