We’ve heard him say it a million times in the past but Robert Rodriguez has once again claimed that the extremely long-gestating Sin City 2 will begin production this summer. The Austin filmmaker was speaking at the South by Southwest festival on Tuesday and was talkative but refused to confirm which of the large original cast would be returning. However he did reveal that he had held talks already with actors for Sin City 2 and also Machete Kills, adding that casting for both movies will be “of the same caliber and eclecticism” as their respective originals.
Rodriguez says he will shoot Machete Kills, a sequel to his 2009 Grindhouse B-movie actioner in April, before moving on to Sin City 2 in the summer. This backs up Frank Miller’s comments back in October that the Sin City sequel would finally get made this year.
– Matt Holmes
- ‘Machete’ Sequel Will Be Robert Rodriguez’ Next Project (screenrant.com)
- Robert Rodriguez Eyeing April Start Date for MACHETE KILLS; Danny Trejo in Talks to Return (collider.com)
- Robert Rodriguez To Make ‘Machete Kills’ For Some Reason, Followed By ‘Machete 3′ (screencrave.com)
- Now Robert Rodriguez Has His Own Cable Channel (slashfilm.com)
- Machete to Return in ‘Machete Kills’ (geeksyndicate.wordpress.com)
- Marv & Miho Feature In Lost “Sin City” Video Game Designs (comicbookresources.com)
- Film: Newswire: Robert Rodriguez is ready to make the second chapter of his Machete trilogy (avclub.com)
- Robert Rodriguez to Direct ‘Machete’ Sequel Entitled ‘Machete Kills’ (grizzlybomb.com)
- The Machete Kills One-Sheet Has Arrived! (perezhilton.com)
- Danny Trejo in Talks For Robert Rodriguez’s ‘Machete Kills,’ April Start Possible (slashfilm.com)